- This event has passed.
Colorado – Designing Pest Management Programs & Sprayer Calibration Workshop
March 22, 2020 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
This workshop has been CANCELED due to travel concerns, and will be rescheduled to a later date.
This workshop is designed for crop consultants, vineyard and orchard managers or anyone who writes or recommends pest management programs.
- 8:15 AM – Registration
- 8:30 AM – Biology and Management of Peach Twig Borer (Dr. Meredith Schrader, Colorado State University)
- 9:00 AM – Biology and Management of Grape Powdery Mildew (Dr. Michelle Moyer, Washington State University)
- 9:30 AM – Pesticide Resistance – How it Happens, and Why it Matters! (Dr. Michelle Moyer, Washington State University)
- 9:50 AM – BREAK
- 10:00 AM – Designing and Defending a Spray Program! (Dr. Michelle Moyer, Dr. Meredith Schrader, Dr. Horst Caspari, Colorado State University, Gwen Hoheisel, Washington State University)
- 12:30 PM – LUNCH
- 1:15 PM – Sprayer Calibration and Optimization in Vineyards and Tree Fruit (Gwen Hoheisel, Dr. Michelle Moyer, Dr. Meredith Schrader, Dr. Horst Caspari)
- 2:45 PM – BREAK
- 3:00 PM – Calibration Activity, continued (Gwen Hoheisel, Dr. Michelle Moyer, Dr. Meredith Schrader, Dr. Horst Caspari)
- 4:15 PM – Conclusions
Additional costs of this workshop are offset with financial support by:
- USDA-NIFA–SCRI Award No. 2018-03375 titled “FRAME: Fungicide Resistance Assessment, Mitigation and Extension Network for Wine, Table, and Raisin Grapes”
- Washington State University Extension
- Colorado State University Extension