- This event has passed.
Extension Workshop – Fungicide Resistance Management
February 27, 2019 @ 8:30 am - 5:30 pm
This workshop is designed for crop consultants, vineyard managers or anyone who writes or recommends fungicide programs.
Preregistration is required: Registration is closed.
Registration will be limited to 50 people, and closes February 18, 2019.
Cost: $55, covers lunch and all workshop handouts
Oregon Department of Agriculture Pesticide Recertification credits available: 3 core credits + 3 other credits (6 total).
Washington State Department of Agriculture Pesticide Recertification credits available – 7 credits total
- 8:30 AM – Registration and Refreshments, Pre-Workshop Survey
- 9:00 AM – Opening discussion and presentation of day’s activities
- 9:15 AM – General Mildew Biology (Dr. Charlotte Oliver, Washington State University)
- 9:45 AM – How Fungicide Resistance Occurs, and Using Resistance Management Concepts in Mildew Management Programs (Dr. Timothy Miles, Michigan State University)
- 10:15 AM – Coffee Break
- 10:30 AM – Cultural Practices to Manage Mildew (Katherine East, Washington State University)
- 10:50 AM – The Implications of Poor Sprayer Maintenance and Practices (Gwen Hoheisel, Washington State University)
- 11: 25 AM – Designing a Mildew Spray Program (small group activity) (Dr. Michelle Moyer, Washington State University)
- Presentation of activity rules, procedures, and intended educational outcomes
- Division into groups and assignment of vineyard scenarios and management philosophies
- 12:00 PM – Lunch Break and Networking
- 1:00 PM – Continue group work and finalization of activity
- 3:30 PM – Presentation of Vineyard Scenarios and Designed Spray Programs – Group evaluation and discussion
- 5:00-5:30 PM – Wrap-up and post-workshop survey
Additional costs of this workshop are offset with financial support by:
- USDA-NIFA–SCRI Award No. 2018-03375 titled “FRAME: Fungicide Resistance Assessment, Mitigation and Extension Network for Wine, Table, and Raisin Grapes”
- USDA-NIFA–CPPMCG Award titled “WA State IPM Extension Implementation Program 2017-2020”.
- With a generous donation by Bleyhl Co-op.
Anyone attending this program who requires auxiliary aids or services, please contact Michelle Moyer at 509-786-9234 or firstname.lastname@example.org . Extension programs and employment are available to all without discrimination. Evidence of noncompliance may be reported through your local Extension office.